Litigation Legal Assistant
Toronto, ON M3M 3G1
What's in it for you:
- Convenient midtown Toronto location!
- Reputable law firm with wonderful working environment!
- Lots of variety and room for your input in this role!
- Salary up to $60K and excellent benefits!
- Provide legal administrative as well as office management support within varied Litigation practice;
- Prepare client correspondence and legal documents from instructions;
- Manage calendar, email, and bring-forward system for lawyers;
- Screen calls and mail and route appropriately;
- Schedule meetings, conferences, and hearings;
- Input dockets and prepare accounts;
- Liaise with outside vendors to meet various office needs (i.E.: IT, office equipment/ stationery, storage etc.);
- Open / close / maintain legal files;
- Assist with recruitment and onboarding of new staff as needed; and
- Other duties as may be needed.
- 5-6+ years of Commercial Litigation legal experience;
- Solid understanding of the Rules of Civil Procedure;
- Experience with Bankruptcy Law;
- Proficiency with MS Office, PowerPoint, and PC Law;
- Strong administrative and client service skills;
- Good understanding of standard office equipment;
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and time management skills.
Any experience in Insurance Defence or Civil or Commercial Litigation would be an asset here too!
HOW TO APPLY:
Kindly email your MS Word resume to [email protected], and quote Opportunity #14741 in the subject line of your email. If you are already registered with Kent Legal, please get in touch with your recruitment consultant.
Thank you for your interest in this role. Please note that only qualified candidates will be invited for a meeting. Continue to visit our website at www.kentlegal.com for new employment opportunities.