Family Law/Civil Litigation Assistant (Downtown) (Mat leave)
Toronto, ON M3M 3G1
Our client, a medium-sized firm in downtown Toronto, has an opening for a Family Law/Civil Litigation Assistant on a maternity leave contract. If you have at least 2 years of solid family law/civil litigation experience and are looking to make a move, then we need to hear from you!
What's in it for you:
- Work for a well-established Toronto law firm;
- Salary up to 55k;
- Great benefits package; and
- Convenient location very close to the subway!
- Manage family law matters assigned by lawyer;
- Liaising with clients and staff at all levels;
- Manage dockets, calendars, and deadlines;
- Draft correspondence, pleadings, orders, agreements, correspondence and other legal documents;
- Assembling answers to undertakings;
- Proofread and edit legal documents;
- Assist with docketing and client billing; and
- Perform other legal/ administrative duties as needed (scheduling, opening / closing files, routing calls, etc.)
- 2+ years of family law/civil litigation experience;
- Solid understanding of family law rules, procedures, and related statutes;
- Strong proficiency with MS Office, PC Law, and Divorcemate;
- Detail oriented;
- Team player;
- Strong technical, organizational, grammar, and communication skills; and
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple priorities.
HOW TO APPLY:
Kindly email your MS Word resume to [email protected], and quote Opportunity #14729 in the subject line of your email. If you are already registered with Kent Legal, please get in touch with your recruitment consultant.
Thank you for your interest in this role. Please note that only qualified candidates will be invited for a meeting. Continue to visit our website at www.kentlegal.com for new employment opportunities.