Canadian Trademark Clerk (Downtown)
Toronto , ON M3M 3G1
What's in it for you:
- Join a large, well-respected law firm;
- Salary up to $70K;
- Convenient downtown Toronto location; and
- Excellent benefits package!
- Draft and file Canadian trademark applications and review Filing Notices for accuracy and reporting;
- Review, report and respond to technical Examiners reports as well as create shells to report and respond to substantive Examiners reports using approved form letters;
- Process advertisements including proofread, report and file correction letters with CIPO;
- Report possible oppositions to marks located in the Trademarks Journal watch as well as Section 37(3) Notices;
- Report Section 45 Notices received and request initiation of Section 45 proceedings;
- Prepare and report all extension of time requests where consent is not required during prosecution;
- Review, report and respond to Registration Fee Notices and review Registration Certificates for accuracy and report;
- On-demand billing for tasks mentioned above;
- Update docketing system for tasks mentioned above;
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Law Clerk/Paralegal Certificate or equivalent experience an asset;
- Minimum of five years of trademark prosecution experience;
- Experience with Canadian Intellectual Property Office's online filing system as well as paper filing system;
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite of products (WORD, Excel and Outlook);
- Familiarity with document management systems an asset;
- Strong team player that demonstrates excellent communication skills (both verbal and written) and an ability to work independently and proactively;
- Excellent attention to detail, time management and prioritization skills;
- Resourceful and motivated to take initiative;
- Adaptable, able to change direction quickly; and,
- Highly efficient, and capable of handling a high volume of work.
HOW TO APPLY:
Kindly email your MS Word resume to [email protected], and quote Opportunity #14692 in the subject line of your email. If you are already registered with Kent Legal, please get in touch with your recruitment consultant.
Thank you for your interest in this role. Please note that only qualified candidates will be invited for a meeting. Continue to visit our website at www.kentlegal.com for new employment opportunities.