Law Jobs in Ontario
Corporate Commercial Law Clerk
Attention Corporate Law Clerks: we have an outstanding opportunity for you!
Our client, a top-tier downtown Toronto law firm, has a current opening for a Senior Corporate Commercial Law Clerk to join them on a permanent basis! If you have at least 10 years of experience in corporate law and are ready to join some of the best in town, then we need to hear from you!
This role, supporting the Corporate Commercial team with complex legal matters, requires a seasoned Law Clerk with strong transactional experience and knowledge of corporate statutes and regulations.
As our ideal candidate, you are an independently-motivated professional law clerk with your BA (preferred) along with your law clerk diploma. You come with top-shelf writing, organizational, analytical, interpersonal, communication, fact-finding and problem-solving skills, along with exceptional attention to detail. You are respectful, flexible, and cooperate, able to work well with others and keep a cool head under pressure. Strong MS Office skills are required here, along with experience with Corporate Database, Document Management, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio.
Your responsibilities here will include:
- Drafting complex corporate documents from instructions (including Articles of Incorporation, Amendments, Dissolution, Continuance, Amalgamation, etc.);
- Drafting transactional documents for M&A, Finance, and Restructuring;
- Conducting corporate due diligence and compliance analysis;
- Liaising with clients professionally;
- Achieve billable hours target;
- Maintaining current extra-provincial registrations;
- Assist with fee quotes;
- Managing conflicting timelines for various matters;
- Performing legal research;
- Assist lawyer, students, and legal assistant with document preparation;
- Liaising between lawyers, clients, and third parties; and
- Contributing to continual improvement of policies and procedures.
Salary up to $110K with experience including great benefits - apply today!
HOW TO APPLY:
If you are interested and qualified, kindly email your MS Word resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, and quote Opportunity #13366 in the subject line of your email.
Thank you for your interest in this role, however, only those candidates applicable will be invited for a meeting. Continue to visit our website at www.kentlegal.com for additional and new employment opportunities. If you are already registered with Kent Legal, kindly contact your recruitment consultant.